Let’s compare metal braces and Invisalign:
- Function. The Invisalign system works best for relatively simple dental corrections. If you have issues with back teeth, need to rotate teeth or move them vertically, or have bridgework, Invisalign might not even be an option.
- Cost. The cost for Invisalign versus metal braces is often less, or about the same. Most cases are treated with Invisalign in 6 to 18 months and with the shorter treatment time than metal braces, the cost is less.
- Duration of treatment. Braces are worn 24/7 for an average of two years. The Invisalign system is worn 22 – 24 hours/day for 6 to 18 months.
- Maintenance. Braces are brushed regularly at the same time as teeth. As for Invisalign, cleaning can be done with the Invisalign Cleaning System or gently cleaning and rinsing the aligner trays in lukewarm water.
- Dental visits. Braces usually require monthly visits, while Invisalign trays are changed every two weeks and dental visits are required every four to six weeks.
- Visibility. Braces are typically shiny metal, but other colors are available. Invisalign trays are clear plastic and nearly invisible.
Pros and cons of each system:
Braces and Invisalign both help guide teeth to their ideal position, re-establish proper function and restore the confidence that comes with a beautiful smile.
At the Southgate Dental Centre, we can answer all your questions regarding braces and Invisalign in Edmonton. Our dental clinic in South Edmonton has been serving Albertans since 1985.
Contact us. Our friendly staff will help you make the right decision when it comes to choosing braces or Invisalign in Edmonton. Our dental clinic in South Edmonton welcomes new patients.
Southgate Dental Centre—give us a call!
All dental services are provided by general dentists.