Adopting good oral health habits in your everyday routine will go a long way to help you with improving and maintaining a healthy smile. Incorporate these easy tips in your daily routine for a beautiful smile that’ll last you a lifetime!
- Don’t forget to brush your teeth. There are no surprises here. If you don’t brush often enough, plaque can harden into tartar, which is impossible to remove by yourself. Tartar buildup yellows your teeth and can only be removed by your dentist.
- Add flossing to your daily routine. Flossing helps with areas where your toothbrush can’t reach. It removes plaque between your teeth and under your gum lines. By flossing everyday, you’ll be preventing tooth decay and gingivitis. It only takes a few minutes, so why not add it to your morning or evening routine?
- Are you a smoker? Stop smoking! You have to know this by now: smoking is bad for you and your overall health. When it comes to your oral health, smoking causes staining on your teeth. Smoking also inhibits blood flow in your mouth causing your gums to recede which leads to periodontal disease and tooth decay.
- Beware of coffee, tea and red wine! These drinks — however delicious — are known to cause stain to your teeth. Helpful tip: drinking through a straw can help reduce the negative effects on your teeth.
- To be safe: drink plenty of water! It’ll help flush out any residue left behind from your last meal, acidic and sugary drinks. It helps keep your teeth clean and discourages tooth decay.
- Invest in a good quality toothbrush. Like with everything else, you get what you pay for. Quality electric toothbrushes are clinically proven to remove more plaque and help you achieve overall healthier results than regular manual toothbrushes. Make the right choice for your teeth!
- Most importantly, have regular checkups with your dentist. They say prevention is better than cure. By visiting your dentist regularly, you’ll be sure stains and tartar buildup will be removed from your teeth, avoiding the yellowing and decaying of your teeth.
Don’t waste any time, start by making an appointment with your dentist in South Edmonton.
At Southgate Dental Centre, your local dental clinic in South Edmonton, we can help with all your dental-related issues and answer any questions you may have about ways to improve and maintain your beautiful smile.
All dental services are provided by general dentists.