In accordance with the new measures announced by the Alberta Government on November 24, 2020, Southgate Dental Centre is no longer able to accept walk-ins including emergency walk-ins until further notice.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please call us at 780-434-9566 to schedule an emergency appointment and we will assist you as soon as possible (same-day).
Our general COVID-19 safety precautions are as follows:
- Daily Prescreening for COVID symptoms for Patients, Staff, and Doctors.
- Staff and Doctors’ temperatures are taken TWICE daily and logged daily.
- Patients’ temperature taken and recorded before patients enter the treatment area.
- Monitoring patient arrival, exit and movement within the practice to ensure physical distance safety is maintained.
- We are limiting numbers of patients within the practice.
- Face masks are mandatory when visiting our dental practice.
- We request that patients use hand sanitizer upon arrival and departure of the practice; hand sanitizer will be available for use in the practice.
- Physically distant waiting area is available, there are 6 chairs available in the waiting room.
- All touchables including toys, magazines, and brochures have been removed.
- Acrylic barriers are at setup at the front desk.
- All Staff wear masks at all times.
- Strict PPE protocols for aerosol and non-aerosol dental procedures are in place.
- Strict adherence to Infection Control protocols are followed (as always).
- Credit card machines are thoroughly disinfected between each patient use.
- All surfaces will be disinfected regularly per the Alberta Dental Association and College guidelines.
Procedures to follow when arriving for your appointment
- If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or have travelled within the last 14 days, we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your appointment.
- Please arrive by yourself for your appointment unless a guardian or interpreter is necessary.
- Prior to your visit, please fill out our COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire.
- Upon arrival, we kindly request our patients wear a mask when entering the practice as per the Edmonton Face Covering Bylaw.
- When entering the practice, please stop at the designated signs. The receptionist will call you up when ready.